Why use a travel agent? Check out our top ten reasons for using a professional.
Top 10 reasons to use a travel agent
We had a lively debate recently on the merits of whether to use a live travel agent to book your vacation or to go it alone by using the Internet. Here are some of the reasons to consider a personal travel consultant.
- You’ve Googled “Mexico vacation,” and come up with 17.8 million responses. Need a little help editing those choices?
- Remember when you used that popular website to book your hotel, and when you got there you spent your beach vacation overlooking a parking lot?
- How many hours were you on hold with the airline when your flight was canceled because of a snowstorm?
- Did you really mean to spend your honeymoon at that resort whose one tiny pool was filled all day with screaming children?
- Who knew that when you booked that “villa” in Tuscany, it would be a small room with a kitchenette and no air conditioning? Funny, it looked much better on your computer screen.
- No one explained to you that in July, it’s winter in Rio, and so you showed up there with nothing but five Hawaiian shirts and three pairs of swimming trunks.
- How about the time you really needed a restful vacation, and you ended up in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and someone threw up on your shoes?
- Yes, I guess that hotel must have used a telephoto lens when they took a picture of those guest rooms you saw on their website.
- I suppose contacting the Attorney General is your only option when the internet site you used to book your trip has billed your credit card three times
- It was definitely odd that there were no taxis at the airport at 3 o’clock in the morning when you finally landed in Costa Rica. Booking a transfer to your very remote hotel would have been a good idea.